Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tagging Tales

"You are tagged" . After endless chats and some Gyaan sessions from fellow Bloggers, I have finally understood what Tagging means. I also understand that I have to tag someone now. The last few weeks have been very strange for me. Almost a result a week and So-near- Yet- so-far-performances, I have realised that Indian B school Entrances are insanely competitive, mind numbingly unpredictable and absurdly unintelligible. Not a loser's rant though, having seen some amazingly wonderful people (Courtesy PG) bite the dust this year, it makes me wonder whether two B school Entrance seasons have made me any wiser. The fact remains that the art and science of convincing every B school, that I am the candidate to pick, has made me a tad wiser. But as Gabriel Garcia says "It is that wisdom comes to us when it can no longer do any good", hoping that it helps me when I need it the most. Wisdom plays a beautiful game with you , with its sworn enemy being Ambition.Wisdom will behave like a well trained army, cunning in its strategies, thorough in its moves and perfect in execution. On the other hand, Ambition is a slave of guerrilla tactics, always in the hiding, unorganised, amateur and passionate, but more often than not catches wisdom off-guard. The battle is an endless one, with Wisdom ruled by practicality and Ambition driven by dreams. In this battle of epic proportions, no clear winner ever emerges. When elephants fight, its the grass that suffers. All our minds are simply battlegrounds and what we are today we owe it to these mighty elephants. Our Character and personality is shaped by the wounds inflicted in these battles.Wounds that should never heal and are never meant to heal.Wounds, no matter how painful and deep they are, have their right to be. Things will always be clear in hindsight, the future is always hazy because of the vagaries and the randomness of these elephants. What is required is to let them have their way, not because I believe in Destiny but because it works like a feedback mechanism. You are a reflection of your Wisdom and Ambition and vice versa.No one holds an edge, no one is smarter, they simply coexist.On this note, cutting short my wanderings, shall complete my tag from Pragnya now. We all have moved on but the memories of yesteryear's linger like the flavour of a well brewed Cuppa.

Ten Things I miss in Life Now( The prime numbered ones being missed most)

1. SVNIT ( The People, the Campus, The LAN, The Rickety Hostels!! )

2. Gujju's and Gujjuland, No seriously !

3.
Unending Bakar sessions with G 8 and the T group .

4.
Postponing my Next bath

5. Ghar ka Khana :)

6.
The pure joy of being carefree, whiling away time in the Canteen

7.
Reading Books at unearthly hours and end up bunking classes in the morning.

8. Gassing in Vivas in front of God Level Proffs

9. Anandalaya

10. Lack of Good Company at CCD, missing this tagger
- My sincere Coffemate.


Ten Things I want to achieve in a Decade or so
(The prime numbered ones being most aspired for)


1. A trip to Israel

2. Reading the most amazing books ever written and having my own library

3. Getting into MICA, and then going on to study at the best places in the World.

4. To be more respected than to be rich

5. Work with the BBC

6. Become an Active Alumnus

7. Coax mom into publishing her writings

8. Getting Engaged ( Trust me, that's Gonna be Tough :P )

9. Become an Addicted PaGaL

10. Own a chain of Bookstores to revive the Dying Art

P.S 1 is neither prime nor composite.

And Thou shall tag

Dream Catcher

Rani
(Waiting for you to start)

Satyakam

9 comments:

Seriously Funny said...

1 is neither prime nor composite. :O
Thanks for clearing that :P

HR said...

Last heard,

Tag is a big turn-off :|

Anonymous said...

:bad-word: moi tagged !!

nahi choddooonga tuje bachu dekh loonga

will put up soon..will finish my story now..n put this up :mg:

Anupam Arya said...

hie read some posts...too good...

Utsav said...

The pure joy of being carefree, whiling away time in the Canteen..

aahh.. the memories of being an undergraduate..

A trip to Israel :shocked:

Getting into MICA
err.. u forgot to mention, helping me out with it.. :mg:

...and then going on to study at the best places in the World

kitna padhoge ??

Anonymous said...

Its my first visit to your Blog.
Weel written and very well mapped thoughts onto paper.
I do share the somewhat same "I miss" and "I would love to" list.

Hope to see you in Israel :)

Utsav Mamoria said...

@seriously Funny

You are seriously funny. and yeah ! is neither prime nor composite ;)

@HR

Searcherwaa ..It is required. Dormant bloggers like me do need the pik slip once in a while

@Pragnya

Aapka hukum hai .. Taalne ki Himmat nahi hai :P

@Dream Catcher

You better update it. Else You shall be cursed to endless tagging .

@Pink floyd Bhakt

Thanks for Dropping by.Kindly update yours

@Junior

Yup mayte ..Once I get through sure thing . If the circumstances permit ..would love to study forever...

@vinay Nice to know That I am not the only Isreal crazy nut around.Thanks for dropping by

Anonymous said...

er.. god level profs? ..where SVNIT? ..mech department? which one are you referring to? :D

Utsav Mamoria said...

@Chinsi

Ahh, bade log from UMich :P

We had a couple of those
like Sutharia and Maisuria :O